Eyes are an aesthetically prominent part of the face, and they are also the most delicate external organ in the body. Therefore, it is vital for a patient to make an informed and rational decision about a procedure such as lower eyelid surgery and choose the best possible surgeon for their needs.
During the initial consultation, the surgeon will encourage the patient to ask questions and clarify all their doubts and concerns. The first concern of a dedicated surgeon will be to educate the patient about the procedure and allow them to make a well-considered choice.
Experienced and cordial oculoplastic surgeon Dr. Jennifer Hui provides lower blepharoplasty to patients in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Coachella Valley, Riverside, Redlands, Yucaipa, Loma Linda, and other cities and communities in this section of the nation.
Key Questions to Ask
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of cosmetic surgery?
- Do you have specialized training and qualifications in the area of eye surgery, or a board certification in ophthalmology?
- How is an oculoplastic surgeon different from another eye surgeon?
- Have you previously performed lower and upper eyelid procedures, and what is your success rate in this surgery?
- Am I a suitable candidate for lower blepharoplasty?
- Can you show me a few lower eyelid lift before and after images so that I can have a more realistic perspective?
- Where will the scars be located and will they be conspicuous?
- What kind of anesthesia would you recommend in my case?
- How much will it cost me to receive lower eyelid surgery?
- Will I have to undergo certain preparation or lifestyle adjustments prior to the surgery?
- Is the recovery going to be long and painful?
- When can I return to my workplace after the lower eyelid lift procedure?
- Are there any risks and complications associated with this surgery, which I should be aware of?
- Does your office have a policy regarding revision procedures?
- Should I choose brow lift along with eyelid lift?
- Do I also need upper eyelid surgery?
- Which surgical venue would you recommend for my procedure?
- What will be the estimated duration of my surgery?
- How long will the results sustain on average after the eyelid lift?
- Can I benefit from dermal fillers, Botox or another non-surgical treatment option in place of lower eyelid surgery?
- What are the procedure steps involved in lower blepharoplasty, and can I see photos or videos related to the procedure?
- Can I take a brief office tour or speak to one of your staff members to familiarize myself with your office?
- Do you have testimonials of previous patients who may have eyelid lift or other procedures at your practice?
- Is your office equipped to handle any potential emergency situation?
Accomplished and prolific eye surgeon Dr. Hui receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Coachella Valley, Riverside, Redlands, Yucaipa, Loma Linda, and other suburbs and neighborhoods in this region of Southern California for lower eyelid surgery.
For more information about cosmetic surgery and nonsurgical eye treatments and procedures performed by Oculoplastic Eye Surgeon Dr. Jennifer Hui for patients in and around Palm Springs, La Quinta, Coachella Valley, Palm Desert, Riverside, Redlands, Yucaipa, Loma Linda, California and surrounding areas call 760.610.2677 or click here to contact us.